Friday, October 29, 2010

Pumpkins In Vermont

I am joining a PuMmpKin PaRty
hosted by my wonderful friend - Beth -
over @ Food As Art blog site!
I was so blessed!!!
Autumn ~ my favorite season ~
in Vermont ~ my favorite place!

It was a Quintessential Fall in Vermont
and the pumpkins were in abundance~!

The roadside farm stands are fabulous!

These decorated pumpkins adorned with
dried flowers were adorable!


I love Vermont!
I love the Fall!
I love Pumpkins!

Enjoy this delicious pumpkin delight!

Mini Pumpkin Tarts

~*~
Topping
1/4 c flour
1/4 c brown sugar
1/4 c finely chopped pecans
2 T butter, soft

~*~
Crust
3/4 c butter, soft
2 (3-oz.) pkg. cream cheese, soft
1 1/2 c flour
~*~
Filling
1 (14-oz.) can sweetened condensed milk
1 1/4 c canned pumpkin
1 egg
1 t pumpkin pie spice
~*~
Garnish
Whipped cream, if desired
~*~
Directions
Heat oven to 375°F. Combine all topping ingredients in small bowl; mix with fork until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
*
Combine 3/4 cup butter and cream cheese in medium bowl; beat until well mixed. Add flour; continue beating until dough forms. Divide dough into 36 pieces; place 1 piece into each ungreased mini muffin pan cup. Press dough onto bottom and up sides of cups.
Combine all filling ingredients in large bowl; beat with wire whisk until smooth. Pour about 1 tablespoon filling into each unbaked tart shell; sprinkle each with about 1 teaspoon topping.
Bake for 25 to 28 minutes or until golden brown and set. Cool 5 minutes in pans; run small sharp knife around inside edge of cups to loosen tarts. Remove to wire cooling rack.
~*~
I am linking to the following favorite foodie parties:
Pumpkin Party
Prairie Story Thursday Swap
Foodie Friday
Food on Fridays
~ Friday Favorites

5 comments:

  1. Sounds wonderful! I love pumpkins too. Thank you for sharing.~Prairie Story

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Concetta, How fortunate you are to have travelled to colorful Vermont! thanks for sharing the beauty of the roadside stands, the mums and the pumpkins! Simply gorgeous! Thank you for joining the Pumpkin Party, and thanks for the recipe. Sounds great! I am making an apple pie tonight. Isn't fall a great time?
    Blessings, Beth

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely photos. I really like the little pumpkin centerpieces. So cute!!

    :)
    ButterYum

    ReplyDelete
  4. What beautiful pictures. It sounds like a wonderful day. Be sure to check back on my blog next Monday when I'll be holding a CSN giveaway.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love all your pumpkin photos! And your tarts sound yummy! Thanks for linking up for Friday Favorites! Hope to see you again this week.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment on my Blog of Life ~ I love hearing from you!

CONCETTA'S RECIPES

The Kitchenettes ~ A Hospitality Club

Romans 12:13
Pursue the practice of hospitality.

The Kitchenettes is all about teaching and mentoring young girls in the art of hospitality. It is so much more than cooking or doing domestic tasks ~ hospitality is the very heart of God ~ a demonstration of pouring His love onto others. This group of young girls are learning the very nature and character of God as they serve people and sharpen their skills in homemaking.

NAME LEGACIES

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

background

Copyright

myfreecopyright.com registered & protected