Sunday, April 4, 2010

Kitchenettes' Easter Tea

Time for Tea
A celebration of 2 generations...
A day to be remembered...
Memories to be treasured...

The Easter Tea for our Prime Time Ladies
was absolutely magnificent!
We had 24 ladies who participated!!!!
It was truly one of the best things I have ever been

a part of and I am completely overwhelmed with
how God's presence was so evident!

The girls blessed these women beyond measure
and something was ignited between these
two generations that will last a life time.
I watched in awe as the Kitchenettes served and
gave of themselves in the most loving way.
They truly pleased God as they honored our
senior generation of ladies!
***
We enjoyed a sumptuous feast of treats
that each one of the girls home made.
Tea Menu
Hot Tea
Iced Citrus Water
Mini Quiches
Pimento Cheese Sandwiches
Assorted Muffins
Gooey Butter Bars
Drop Delicious Brownies
Blueberry Bakes Cheesecakes
Baby Cherry Cheesecakes
Peanut Butter Cookies
Lemon Whippers
Dessert Crackers
***
DESSERT CRACKERS
45 Waverly Crackers or Grahams
1 c sugar
2 t vanilla
2 stick butter
2 c pecans, chopped

Lay crackers on a cookie sheet.
Bring butter and sugar to a boil for 2 minutes.
Add vanilla.
Sprinkle crackers with nuts.
Pour liquid over crackers.
Bake @ 350 for 10-15 minutes.



Gooey Butter Bars

Cake:
1 18 1/4-ounce package yellow cake mix
1 egg
8 tablespoons butter, melted
***
Filling:
1 8-ounce package cream cheese, softened
1 stick butter, melted
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 16-ounce box powdered sugar
***
Directions
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Combine the cake mix, egg, and butter
and mix well with an electric mixer.
Pat the mixture into the bottom of a lightly greased 13 by 9-inch baking pan.
***
Prepare Filling
In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese until smooth.

Add the eggs, vanilla, and butter and beat together.
Next, add the powdered sugar and mix well.

Spread over cake batter and bake for 40 to 50 minutes.
Make sure not to over bake as the center should be a little gooey.
Cool and cut into squares.


LEMON WHIPPERS
1 lemon cake mix
2 c Cool Whip
1 egg, beaten
powdered sugar

Combine 1st 3 ingredients.
Shape dough into 1" balls. Roll in powdered sugar.
Place on a buttered cookie sheet.
Bake @ 350 for 8-10 minutes. Cool


Royal Albert Old Country Roses Mini Set

Handmade Tea Favors
each lady received one placed on a china plate...

Kindness Gift Boxes
for each girl from Aunt Kitchenetta...

The Kitchenettes
The very essence of the Kitchenettes is kindness...
It is woven through everything they do...

KINDNESS
"Philantropia"
Strong's #5363
Love For Mankind
Hospitality
Benevolence
Acts of Kindness
Readiness to Help
Human Friendship
Taking Thought of Others

KINDNESS
"Chrestotes"
Strong's #5544
Affability
Goodness in Action
Gentleness with Others
Sweetness of Disposition
Ability to Act for the Welfare of Others


Andrea ~ D'Lisa ~ Ashley ~ Arianah ~ Charissa
Bryn ~ Victoria ~ Mariah ~ Morgan ~ Jordan

Gabriella
the littlest "ette"

Floating Flower Centerpiece

Tea Table

High Tea

Fruitful Harvest Tea Set

English Rose Tea Set

Floral Fantasy Tea Set

Gooey Butter Bars
Peanut Butter Cookies

Mini Quiches
Pimento Cheese Tea Sandwiches

Drop Delicious Brownies

Blueberry Baby Cheesecakes

Baby Cherry Cheesecakes

Dessert Crackers
Lemon Whippers
Our beautiful senior ladies sipping tea...

wearing Easter hats...

eating tea treats...

fellowshipping over tea...

what a glorious day!
***
I am linking to the following tea parties:
***

7 comments:

  1. What a LOVELY tea-party and what a charming blog!! I look forward to going back and back, reading and looking at all the wonderful celebrations and recipes and friend-and-family times you're sharing.

    This is simply lovely.

    And a WONDERFUL HAPPY 20th Anniversary tomorrow!! And twenty-plus-twenty more!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Racheld,
    I am so glad you joined my site - thank you for your wonderful comments! This is such a great way to make new friends and exchange things we are passionate about!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was such a lovely tea party! The teasets are beautiful and the food looks delicious. Thank you for sharing the recipes, Concetta.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely tea party -- and such tasty tea treats!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh My! What a wonderful post! thank you for sharing this fun experience! All the tea setting are beautiful. And the food looks wonderul. thank you for giving us the reipes. I am going to try those crackers.

    Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely time you must have had! Everyone looks very happy indeed!

    I am loving the look of those lemon whippers...yum!

    Best wishes,
    Natasha.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for joining me for Tea Time Tuesday and my Birthday! I am so late! my daughter told me she was getting married Tuesday on Friday. So I been busy with doing a reception.
    I so love this Tea! The menu is awesome! The teapots are so lovely,as the Easter hats! I adore the Tea Favors! The tables looked wonderful! I would have loved to have been there! In my hat! But I need a pair of white gloves! Your post is great! Your doing wonderful, thank you for sharing this lovely Tea! I enjoyed my visit so much! Email me about the mosaics! I'd love to help you. Things are calming down here, lol I just going to do some gardening and sewing. Maybe a little shopping and Have a Tea Just for me. lol
    I did not get to celebrate my Birthday with Easter and all that was going on so maybe I can soon!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment on my Blog of Life ~ I love hearing from you!

CONCETTA'S RECIPES

The Kitchenettes ~ A Hospitality Club

Romans 12:13
Pursue the practice of hospitality.

The Kitchenettes is all about teaching and mentoring young girls in the art of hospitality. It is so much more than cooking or doing domestic tasks ~ hospitality is the very heart of God ~ a demonstration of pouring His love onto others. This group of young girls are learning the very nature and character of God as they serve people and sharpen their skills in homemaking.

NAME LEGACIES

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

background

Copyright

myfreecopyright.com registered & protected