Thursday, February 17, 2011

Vermont Love

Come take a walk with me...to my favorite place...
~*~ VeRmOnT ~*~

A picture is worth a thousand words...
for words can never describe the beauty
and majesty of this beautiful place that I love.
~*~
We are leaving for vacation tonight - back to Vermont!
I wanted to share with you tidbits from our vacation in
October - when we enjoyed the marvelous fall foliage
and all the magnificent things that autumn offers.


Autumn has always been my favorite season
and there is no better place on the earth
to celebrate then in Vermont.
~*~
...it truly takes my breath away!
Vermont has captured my heart...

But, it is the people who have my heart...
our covenant - lifelong - beloved friends!

A favorite pastime in Vermont ~ Apple Picking!
The gorgeous orchards overflowing with a
variety of sumptuous apples are everywhere!

Brittany ~ Arianah ~ Hannah
Apple Decorations!
Handmade by me and Hannah!


The beautiful Hannah!
My darling partner in all things hospitable!
She is my true best friend.
Shhhhh....don't tell her mother!
Hannah made the most delectable apple pie!
It was truly a mouthwatering masterpiece!
Earlier in the day I had made some homemade
Pumpkin Pancakes with a decadent
Maple Browned Butter Sauce - so yum!
The pie was topped with this maple
goodness and just put it over the top!
Hannah's Apple Pie
2 9-inch pastry crusts
1/4 c Light Brown Sugar
1/2 c White Sugar
1/4 c Flour
1/2 t Nutmeg
1/2 t Cinnamon
Dash of Salt
6 cups Tart Apples (slice thin)
2 -1/2 T Butter

Heat oven to 425F.
Prepare pastry.
Mix sugar, flour,nutmeg,cinnamon, and salt.
Stir in apples. Turn into pastry-lined pie plate.
Dot with butter. Cover with top crust.
Cut slits in the top to allow steam to escape.
Seal and flute the pie crust edges.
Cover edge with 3-inch strip of foil during the last
15 minutes of baking to prevent over browning.
Bake until crust is brown and juice begins
to bubble through slits in crust.
40 to 50 minutes.
6 servings per 9-inch pies
~*~
This scrumptious pie even earned Hannah the
1st Place Top Honor Winner at a pie baking contest!
The perfect slice with a
steamy cup of tea.
~*~
Maple Brown Butter
1/2 c butter, cubed
1/4 c maple syrup
1/2 t cinnamon
1/4 t nutmeg
1/2 c toasted pecans, chopped
(optional)
~*~
In a small heavy saucepan, cook butter
over medium heat for 8-10 minutes.
Stir occasionally.
Add maple syrup, cinnamon and nutmeg.
Remove from heat and stir in pecans.
~*~
I am linking to my favorite tea parties:
***
~*~
and my favorite foodie sites...

Photobucket


It's a Keeper

.

8 comments:

  1. Oh, Aunt Connie you didn't have to do this. You made my day :) See you soon <3

    Hannah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vermont looks beautiful! I think your decorations also look like they smell wonderful too. Hannah's pie looks delicious and that brown butter recipe I need to try. Thanks for linking up!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such beautiful photos! I've never been to Vermont but would love to. The pie sounds wonderful. Think I'm craving it now! Just found your lovely blog via The Charm of Home. I'm your newest follower and would be delighted to have you follow me back.
    Have a wonderful weekend.
    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  4. This recipe sounds amazing. There's something so comforting about apple pie.

    I'm hosting a weekly linky, Sweet Tooth Friday, I'd love for you to share your recipe. http://alli-n-son.com/2011/02/17/chocolate-chip-toffee-bars/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful mosaics. Love the apples. Looks like Vermont is THE place to be!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Vermont is a splendid place! They say Vermont and Prince Edward Island, where I live, are much the same! Your apples make nice decorations and that pie looks delish! Thank you for sharing and for stopping by for tea. Enjoy your trip!

    Blessings,
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  7. Vermont looks like a place to visit, for sure. Hannah's prize winning pie would be nice with tea today.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful pictures and delicious dish. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment on my Blog of Life ~ I love hearing from you!

CONCETTA'S RECIPES

The Kitchenettes ~ A Hospitality Club

Romans 12:13
Pursue the practice of hospitality.

The Kitchenettes is all about teaching and mentoring young girls in the art of hospitality. It is so much more than cooking or doing domestic tasks ~ hospitality is the very heart of God ~ a demonstration of pouring His love onto others. This group of young girls are learning the very nature and character of God as they serve people and sharpen their skills in homemaking.

NAME LEGACIES

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

background

Copyright

myfreecopyright.com registered & protected