Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Apple Dumpling Tea Party

It is time for tea!
The weather is perfect for a steamy hot cup
and a delicious dessert of apple dumplings!
I am so glad you are joining me today!
I made a quick and simple centerpiece of orange flower stems
in individual mini vases (which are actually re-purposed spice jars) -
then I gathered them together and tied an organza ribbon
around the arrangement finished with a bow!

I love this idea and it matched my table perfectly!

This beautiful teapot was given to me by my beautiful mother.


It is a one-cup wonder set!

The detail and colors are exquisite.

I love this little pot for so many reasons...
the most being that my mama blessed me with it!
She gives me the most treasured gifts of love!
I love it mama - and I love you!

a mosaic of magnificence...

Now onto the recipe....
So easy peasy - so scrumptious!
*
Apple Dumplings
~*~
3-4 apples, peeled & sliced
cinnamon sugar
melted butter
2 pkgs. crescent rolls
1/4 - 1/2 c apple juice
~*~
Butter a sheet pan.
Dip each apple slice in melted butter.
Roll apple in cinnamon sugar.
Place 2 apple slices on widest part of dough.
Roll up in shape of crescent.
Place each dumpling on sheet pan.
Drizzle with melted butter.
Top with a sprinkling of cinnamon sugar.
Pour apple juice around dumplings.
Bake @ 350 for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
~*~
Serve with homemade whipped cream or vanilla ice cream!

I am linking to my favorite tea parties...
~*~
and my favorite foodie sites...

16 comments:

  1. What a lovely tea for one! The colors and designs are fab. And how special that it is from your mother.
    Thanks so much for sharing with us.
    Hugs,
    Terri

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those flowers look so lovely. I like the idea of using many little bottles or vases and tying them all together and your tea for one set is beautiful. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your little tea set is such a beautiful pattern...a wonderful gift!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Concetta,

    Oh, my, what a beautiful post! I love your flowers and teacups, and how you made your photo collages. Thank you for stopping by my blog to say hello.

    God bless you too!

    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty tea pot...pattern reminds me of a paisley shawl....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your tea-for-one is very pretty and a precious gift! I would love to try an apple dumpling. You have the best desserts! I will have to try this one too. Thanks for sharing and have a wonderful week.

    Blessings,
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi! I am visiting from Martha's and Terri's Tea Cup Tuesday. Your apple dumplings look divine. Thanks for sharing with us. I am your newest follower. *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  8. such a precious gift of love and blessed too! pretty tea for one and love the flower centerpiece..

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a lovely tea for one set that your Mom gave you. Those apple dumplings sure look yummy on your tea table.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your apple dumplings sound delicious! I like your idea of using the spice jars for your flowers too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Concetta,
    Such a wonderful post packed with great inspiation and ideas. God has blessed your mother with a wonderful wonderful daughter.
    Love the teapot's colours and design. Centrepiece is darling. Thank you for the recipe for the apple dumplings...they will be served at the next Bible Study.
    We are so pleased that you have come to share your tea treasures with our friends. Thank you for your kind comments too.
    Have a blessed week.
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love this recipe because it is so simple and straightforward. Am booking it as something to try. Thank you for the recipe and a lovely post.

    ReplyDelete
  13. ooh, the dumplings look fabulous! YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh lovely your Teapot and cup is! So special from your Mama! I love the pumpkin on your table! Adore the dumplings! Thank you for including the recipe.! I would love to see what everyone is baking for the holidays. Thanks for joining me for Tea Time!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Just found your blog and I am your newest follower. Love the "kitchenettes". what a wonderful idea to teach girls that homemaking and hospitality really are a service and both are Godly. Hope you will stop by my katies-kettle blog. I would love for you to stop by. I am raising 5 children (the oldest is ten) and my girls are learning all about homemaking, sewing and all these apparent "lost arts". I am amazed how many of my daughters aged friends dont even have chores let alone know anything about homemaking. So thrilled to find your blog. blessings to you! Katie

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks for sharing such a great recipe and linking up.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment on my Blog of Life ~ I love hearing from you!

CONCETTA'S RECIPES

The Kitchenettes ~ A Hospitality Club

Romans 12:13
Pursue the practice of hospitality.

The Kitchenettes is all about teaching and mentoring young girls in the art of hospitality. It is so much more than cooking or doing domestic tasks ~ hospitality is the very heart of God ~ a demonstration of pouring His love onto others. This group of young girls are learning the very nature and character of God as they serve people and sharpen their skills in homemaking.

NAME LEGACIES

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

background

Copyright

myfreecopyright.com registered & protected