Thursday, January 21, 2010

THANKSGIVING THURSDAY

SISTERS

Mara ~ Concetta ~ Kimberly

Today I would like to share with you something I am so thankful for - one of the greatest joys of my life - my 2 sisters. I am the oldest of the three, Mara is monkey-in-the-middle and Kim is our little baby! Words can never express the love I have for them or how they make my world brighter by being part of my family. They are more than my sisters - they are my very best friends - apart from my husband - they are my closest and most intimate friends. I am so proud of them and what they have accomplished - these are fabulous women with vast talents and incredible qualities.


Growing up we did not have brothers - it was just us 3 girls - and that is the way our Dad liked it! Even our pets were always girls!!! Our Dad loved having his little "honeybees" swarming all around him - as well as the love of his life - our Mama. He would come home from work and say "You girls are the bees, and I am the honey - come and give me a hug and kiss!" We did! We had so much fun as little girls - but, I did always miss not having a brother. Well, one of the best perks of having sisters is that eventually you get to have some brothers! I adore my sister's husbands - I could not be closer to these men if they were my own blood! Mara is married to Eric and Kim is married to Keith - the most magnificent brothers any sister could ever hope for - and they are mine!! Thank you sisters! I love you Mara and Kim - you have my heart always!

What are you thankful for on this beautiful Thursday that the Lord has given to us?


Psalm 18:24
This is the day the LORD has made; We will rejoice and be glad in it.

4 comments:

  1. I am thankful that I survived the teenagehood of the 3 honeybees.
    I am truly amazed at what awesome women they are. Many times I had my doubts but the Lord cared for them and protected them as He said He would if they were consecrated to Him which they were.
    Train up a child the way (ways of the Lord) he should go and when he is old he shall not depart from it. Proverbs 22:6
    Pat Harrison

    ReplyDelete
  2. Concetta,
    I think you should post a picture of the future cook Gabriella Grace.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wanted to thank you - Mama - for posting things on my blog - it makes me feel good when I see comments knowing my blog is being read. Funny you should say that about Gabriella - after we talked about you starting my cookbook collection when I was little - I got this little prick in my heart that it is something I should do for her - I don't know why I did not ever feel compelled with Arianah - but, I will with Gabriella. Love you, Mama - thanks for inspiring me! Mush

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mush,
    You can start Queens now, you were just a little younger when I startd yours because you expressed an interest unlike the sisters.
    The Mother

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment on my Blog of Life ~ I love hearing from you!

CONCETTA'S RECIPES

The Kitchenettes ~ A Hospitality Club

Romans 12:13
Pursue the practice of hospitality.

The Kitchenettes is all about teaching and mentoring young girls in the art of hospitality. It is so much more than cooking or doing domestic tasks ~ hospitality is the very heart of God ~ a demonstration of pouring His love onto others. This group of young girls are learning the very nature and character of God as they serve people and sharpen their skills in homemaking.

NAME LEGACIES

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

background

Copyright

myfreecopyright.com registered & protected