Thursday, September 1, 2011

Summer Berry Trifle & Almond Cream


The most exciting thing happened to me!
I was contacted by Donsuemor to participate in their upcoming dessert extravaganza - Dessert A Day!
This company makes the most delectable little cakes.
I chose to use their madeleines in my dessert 
and it was the perfect choice!


A box of these sweet cakes arrived from Donsuemor.
Each one wrapped up individually
in a lovely box delivered to my home!


Heavenly...
These tasty treats are absolutely delicious...
moist and rich with a hint of almond!



I almost was in danger of not having enough
to make a recipe - my family was trying to devour them!
Madeleines are simply exquisite. 
They have a beautiful scalloped design
in the shape of a seashell.


I was asked by Donsuemor to develop a recipe using
these little gems and I chose a trifle as my dessert.


Summer Berry Trifle
 &
 Whipped Almond Cream
~*~
Layers of mouth-watering goodness!
 Donsuemor Tradtional Madelelines
(cut into squares or left whole)
Summer Berry Sauce
Fresh Sugared Berries
Homemade Whipped Almond Cream
Candied Crunch Almonds
 ***
In your most exquisite glass bowl, layer the ingredients.
Start with the madeleines on the bottom.
Spoon on the berry sauce followed by the fresh berries.
Spread on a thick layer of whipped cream.
Repeat the layers.
Garnish with toasted madeleines and fresh fruit.
Top with candied almonds.
Chill before serving.

~*~
Summer Berry Sauce
6 cups assorted fresh or frozen berries
(strawberries-black berries-raspberries-blueberries)
1/2 c sugar 
1/4-1/2 c water
(or more depending on tartness of berries)
2 t lemon zest
1 T fresh lemon juice
In a saucepan, place berries, water and sugar.
Allow berries to cook down until saucy.
Add lemon zest and fresh juice.
Simmer until thick.  Chill
~*~
Fresh Sugared Berries
1 cup each of assorted berries
(strawberries-black berries-raspberries-blueberries)
1/2 c sugar
Mix together berries and sugar in a bowl.
Allow to macerate for 15-30 minutes.
You will have delicious glossy fruit with amazing juice!
~*~
Whipped Almond Cream
3 c heavy whipping cream
1/2-3/4 c sugar
1 t almond extract
Whip together until thick and fluffy.
~*~
Candied Crunch Almonds
1 c thin sliced almonds
1/4 c sugar
In a shallow skillet place almonds and sugar.
Stir continuously over medium heat until
almonds are toasted and covered with melted sugar.
Approximately 5 minutes.
~*~

Toasted Madeleines
Brush 4 madeleines lightly with melted butter.
Sprinkle on sugar.
Toast in oven @ 350 until slightly golden brown.



I am linking to the following parties:

Ladybird Lane-Weekend Showoff Strut Your Stuff
~*~
Go visit these great blogs:

16 comments:

  1. What a beautiful dessert, Concetta, I love the addition of the glazed almonds and toasted madelaines. This recipe is a keeper. xo,

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Madeleines may be pretty but the final results of this trifle is outstanding, magnificent, stupendous, amazing, awesome and so on. I think you get the point. I am impressed, as always.

    Thanks for sharing this with us at Bake with Bizzy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. looks so yummy! thanks for sharing! dropping by from Weekday Potluck :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, Concetta, what a fabulous trifle you made with your madeleines!!! Just gorgeous...with those luscious berries and almond cream! I'd love a big taste :)

    Have a lovely weekend, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I do like the sound of this, Concetta! Madeleines are so lovely, and what a great idea to use them in trifle. Your finished dish looks beautiful, and I love the almond cream. Thank you so much for sharing this post!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope my husband doesn't walk in here while I
    LICK THE SCREEN!!!! WOW!!!! That's a gorgeous bowl of YUMMMYY!!!! I'm just dying over here!!!
    Concetta, you did it again, and a huge Congratulations to you for being chosen to work with the Donsuemor company!!! You've done a great job and I'm really looking forward to seeing what's next!
    Blessings!!
    Doni

    ReplyDelete
  7. That looks fabulous!!...and so easy to make.
    ~Sheri at Red Rose Alley

    ReplyDelete
  8. Concetta,
    Congratulations on being asked to take part in A Dessert a Day! What a beautiful dessert you made. I have never had a trifle. Looking at yours and reading everything, I can almost taste it, the sweetness from the cream, the tang from the berries and the hint of almond from the extract and little cakes. So yummy looking and much taste exquisite on the tongue. Thank you for the beautiful comment you left when you came to visit my blog today. I worried the post was too long, too "wordy" but just wanted to share with the world how the Lord has blessed us. When blogging friends "get it" too and leave lovely comments as such, it just brings tears to my eyes. Blogging has introduced me to so many special people such as yourself. Blessings,
    Lynn PS My daughter spent her Freshman year at Stetson and we had our anniversary at Daytona Beach shores, which we love to pieces with the hard packed sand beach to walk on. Small world isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  9. That looks amazing. Thanks for sharing the photo looks almost edible.
    New follower stopping by from Sweet Indulgences Sunday. Hope you stop by for a visit.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This looks delicious! I love the idea of the homemade berry sauce. Sounds yummy! Thanks for sharing on Sweet Indulgences Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a beautiful dessert! It looks delicious! I don't think I've ever had Trifle.
    I'll have to try your recipe! Thanks for sharing.
    -Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh that looks amazing but all of your recipes have me drooling. I am looking at my watch now wondering whens dinner. lol I want to try those cookies now too. Thank you so much for sharing at bacon time.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Concetta,
    What a beautiful Summer Berry Trifle, it look so delicious. Your presentation is so beautiful. Hope you will have a great week and thanks so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday.
    Come Back Soon!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a great recipe you have created! It looks wonderful! The madeleines were perfect for this.
    Thanks for joining HSH!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  15. OH. MY. GOSH. I AM DROOLING. This seriously looks amazing!!! Your trifle looks amazing!! I just love your blog with delicious recipes. I bet the people at Donsuemor were blown away by your amazing recipe!! :) Thank you for sharing this at our Strut Your Stuff Link Party! We hope that you will join us again tomorrow!!
    Camille @
    SixSistersStuff.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. I had a few madelines in the freezer I wanted to use and it was farmers market day with berries stiill available. Found this fabulous recipe on the internet. I made it for a potluck and everyone raved about it. I didn't have enough madelines so I used macaroons on the bottom layer. Also added splash of strawberry lemon balsamic finishing sauce to the cooked fruit. I've made other fantastic trifles, but this one by far is the most beautiful and delicious I've ever had in my life!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment on my Blog of Life ~ I love hearing from you!

CONCETTA'S RECIPES

The Kitchenettes ~ A Hospitality Club

Romans 12:13
Pursue the practice of hospitality.

The Kitchenettes is all about teaching and mentoring young girls in the art of hospitality. It is so much more than cooking or doing domestic tasks ~ hospitality is the very heart of God ~ a demonstration of pouring His love onto others. This group of young girls are learning the very nature and character of God as they serve people and sharpen their skills in homemaking.

NAME LEGACIES

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

background

Copyright

myfreecopyright.com registered & protected