Thursday, December 9, 2010

Cranberry Compote

Cranberry Compote
This is my mom's specialty at Christmas - and I love it!
She makes me this every year and it would not be the holidays
without this delicious cranberry delight!!
You can serve this on the side of your turkey like you would
the traditional way - or top soft cream cheese for a delectable
cracker spread - or put it in a graham cracker pie crust with
dollops of luscious whipped cream!
~*~
Mmmmmm.....next weekend is Family Christmas at my parents
and my mouth is watering thinking about this special beloved dish!

Cranberry Compote
~*~
2 tart apples, peel & slice
1 pkg. fresh cranberries
1-1/4 c sugar
1 c golden raisins
1/4 c orange juice
1 t grated orange peel
1 t salt
1/4 t allspice
1/4 t cinnamon
1 can sliced peaches, drain
1 can apricots halves, drain
1 c pecans, chopped
~*~
In a saucepan, combine 1st nine ingredients.
Bring to boil - reduce heat - simmer uncovered for 10 minutes.
Add peaches and apricots - mix well. Stir in pecans.
May serve warm - over vanilla bean ice cream would be divine!
Serve chilled in so many delicious ways!
Confession: My mom adds twice the amounts of apricots
because I love them soooo much!
Enjoy!
~*~
I am linking to the following foodie sites:
Prairie Story Thursday Recipe Swap
Tasty Traditions Thursday
Foodie Friday
Food on Friday
Friday Favorites
~*~
and a Christmas Blog Hop
from one of my favorite sites:


5 comments:

  1. Your cranberry compote is so seasonal - bright red - it really looks pretty!
    I would love to have you join the Poinsettia Party - anything having to do with Christmas decorating - it doesn't have to include plants or poinsettias. Thanks for stopping by my blog and have a great wknd!
    Blessings, Beth

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love cranberries. Thanks for sharing and I will try this out for Christmas Eve. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful dish. Whether served as a side at the table or served as an appetizer it is perfect for the holiday season. I hope you have a fabulous weekend. Blessings...Mary

    ReplyDelete
  4. never ever ever ever seen anything like it....
    I'm thinking it is amazing...and I just adore all your use of reds in your blog...! so rich, so decadent...and oh so very Italian of you! lol

    ciao bella!

    Creative Carmelina

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks wonderful! And with ingredients like apricots, pecans, orange peals, cinnamon, and peaches, it sounds amazing too. This is going in my recipe box. Thanks so much for sharing it and for joining in the blog hop! :)

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment on my Blog of Life ~ I love hearing from you!

CONCETTA'S RECIPES

The Kitchenettes ~ A Hospitality Club

Romans 12:13
Pursue the practice of hospitality.

The Kitchenettes is all about teaching and mentoring young girls in the art of hospitality. It is so much more than cooking or doing domestic tasks ~ hospitality is the very heart of God ~ a demonstration of pouring His love onto others. This group of young girls are learning the very nature and character of God as they serve people and sharpen their skills in homemaking.

NAME LEGACIES

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

background

Copyright

myfreecopyright.com registered & protected