Saturday, August 13, 2011

Butterscotch Gems


  Melt-In-Your-Mouth-Goodness
soft...buttery...rich
delicious after school treat
 perfect to pack in lunches
a tasty treat and lovely snack anytime!



Butterscotch Gems
~*~
In a large bowl sift together dry ingredients:
1-3/4 cups flour
1 t salt
3/4 t baking soda
Combine in mixer until light and fluffy:
3/4 cup shortening
1-1/4 cups light brown sugar
2 T milk
1 T vanilla
1 egg
**************
Add dry ingredients into wet until just blended.
Add 2 cups butterscotch chips.
Drop by round 1" T onto a cookie sheet.
Bake one batch at a time @ 375 for 10 minutes.
Do not over bake.
Makes 3 dozen delectable cookies.

I love when the cookie jar is full!
Baked with love fresh from the oven...




Hearth & Soul Hop

7 comments:

  1. Oh, these look delicious! I love making drop cookies. And, now I feel the need for a cookie jar. Much more attractive than the plastic containers I put my cookies in. Thanks for sharing on Sweet Indulgences Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lucky family you have!These really look delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum. Concetta, that glass cookie jar filled with butterscotch cookies looks so inviting. I want a cookie. :-) Thank you for sharing at Joy of Desserts. Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Concetta,
    I have always loved Butterscotch anything! Your cookie jar looks wonderful with all those yummy cookies. Have a lovely week.
    ~Sheri at Red Rose Alley

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your cookie jar... butterscotch coookies sound good!

    I'm a new follower..saw you over on Tea party Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What tasty cookies! We are fans of butterscotch, so I know these would be a hit in my house. Thanks for sharing your recipe with the Hearth and Soul Hop.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love butterscotch, what a fun and simple cookie to make.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment on my Blog of Life ~ I love hearing from you!

CONCETTA'S RECIPES

The Kitchenettes ~ A Hospitality Club

Romans 12:13
Pursue the practice of hospitality.

The Kitchenettes is all about teaching and mentoring young girls in the art of hospitality. It is so much more than cooking or doing domestic tasks ~ hospitality is the very heart of God ~ a demonstration of pouring His love onto others. This group of young girls are learning the very nature and character of God as they serve people and sharpen their skills in homemaking.

NAME LEGACIES

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

background

Copyright

myfreecopyright.com registered & protected