Friday, August 26, 2011

Chicken Tortilla Soup



Have you ever come home pondering what to make for supper?  Me too!
I had some boneless chicken breasts in the fridge
and thought about Chicken & Dumplings or maybe a Chicken Pot Pie.
My time was limited and my family was starving ~ so I scoured through
my pantry and came up with this scrumptious soup.
You probably have most of the ingredients on hand and it is very easy to prepare.
I knew I chose the right dish to serve for lunch when my daughter came over
 to my simmering pot and said "That looks delicious and smells so good!"
***I like to present my soup with bowls of topping choices.
 I bake up some crispy tortilla strips and serve with
sour cream, cheddar cheese, cilantro and limes.


Chicken Tortilla Soup
~*~
6 chicken breasts, cooked and diced
I like to simmer my chicken with 2 celery stalks, 1 onion, 3 garlic cloves, 3 carrots and 3 chicken bouillon cubes or roast in the oven drizzled with olive oil and seasoned with kosher salt and pepper.
1 onion, chopped
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 28 oz. can crushed tomatoes
1 can Mexican diced or stewed tomatoes
2 cans black beans
(drain and rinse)
1 can chili beans
2 cups shoe peg corn
3-4 cups chicken stock
(here is a great time to use my homemade stock)
1 T chili powder
1T cumin
garlic salt to taste

Saute onions in olive oil until translucent.
Add the garlic and continue to saute for 1 minute.
Add tomatoes, broth, beans, corn and spices -
simmer until flavors blend - stir in chicken.
To Serve:
Place tortilla strips in bowl and ladle on soup.
 sprinkle on additional tortillas and toppings of choice.
Enjoy!
~*~
I am linking to the following favorite parties:

13 comments:

  1. This looks super yummy! And with cooler weather just around the corner, nice hot soups and stews to simmer on the stove are starting to sound good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This look delishhh! I love your creativity!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this soup, thanks for sharing! Thanks for linking up to Fat Camp Friday. Hope you enjoyed your weekend, see you next time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. YUM! This soup sounds amazing! I would love it if you would share this and/or any other projects you have been up to at Tuesday Talent Show at Chef In Training Tomorrow! Thanks so much and I hope to see you there!
    -Nikki
    http://chef-n-training.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds very delicious and it looks pretty quick. That is a plus too. I always love homemade soup over canned any day. Thanks for linking it to Home Sweet Home!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  6. This sounds lovely, Concetta. It's delicious and quick, and I like the idea of putting out a variety of toppings. The photo looks absolutely mouthwatering. Thank you for sharing another lovely recipe with the Gallery of Favorites!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Concetta I love tortilla soup, yours looks delicious, thanks for sharing and linking with the Hearth and Soul hop.

    ReplyDelete
  8. We love tortilla soup at our house, and your recipe looks tasty as usual, Concetta. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mmm! Perfect for fall!We would love for you to share this at our weekly link party this Saturday. We have an awesome jewelry giveaway going on right now, too! Come stop by!

    http://sixsistersstuff.blogspot.com/2011/08/paparazzi-giveaway-and-at-home-job.html

    Love,
    The Sisters @ www.sixsistersstuff.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks delish, Concetta! And quick and easy, too - especially if you have the chicken cooked ahead of time... Just in time for fall. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You make the best stuff!!! This seriously sounds so delicious! Thank you so much for always leaving us such sweet comments. We just think you are such a doll!
    Camille @
    SixSistersStuff.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yum! What a great recipe! Thanks so much for linking up to Tuesday Talent Show! I would love to have you stop by and link up again tomorrow with more great projects!
    -Nikki
    http://chef-n-training.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment on my Blog of Life ~ I love hearing from you!

CONCETTA'S RECIPES

The Kitchenettes ~ A Hospitality Club

Romans 12:13
Pursue the practice of hospitality.

The Kitchenettes is all about teaching and mentoring young girls in the art of hospitality. It is so much more than cooking or doing domestic tasks ~ hospitality is the very heart of God ~ a demonstration of pouring His love onto others. This group of young girls are learning the very nature and character of God as they serve people and sharpen their skills in homemaking.

NAME LEGACIES

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

background

Copyright

myfreecopyright.com registered & protected