Monday, December 6, 2010

Faithfulness Tea

FAITH is being sure of what we hope for
and certain of what we do not see.
Hebrews 11:1
~*~
We live by FAITH and not by sight.
II Corinthians 5:7
~*~
Without FAITH it is impossible to please God,
because anyone who comes to Him must believe
that He exists and that He rewards those who
earnestly seek Him.
Hebrews 11:6
~*~
Make every effort to add to your FAITH goodness;
and to goodness, knowledge, and to knowledge, self-control;
and to self-control, perseverance; and to perseverance, godliness;
and to godliness, brotherly kindness; and to brotherly kindness,
love. For if you possess these qualities in increasing measure, they
will keep you from being ineffective and unproductive in your
knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ.
II Peter 1:5-8

For our tea party today I am serving a little buttery cookie.
They melt in your mouth and are perfect for a steamy cup of tea.
I love these cookies because they are so versatile!
You can add any color or shape sprinkles to the top.

Classic Spritz Cookies
~*~
1 1/2 c (3 sticks) butter, softened
1 c sugar
1 egg
1 t vanilla
3 1/2 c flour
colored sugar or sprinkles
~*~
Directions:
1.
Preheat oven to 375°F.
Beat butter until creamy. Add sugar, egg and vanilla; beat well.
Add flour, 1 cup at a time; mix well. Dough will be soft; do not refrigerate.
2.
Fill Cookie Press, fitted with disk of your choice, with dough.

Press dough onto baking sheet 1 inch apart.
Decorate cookies with colored sugar or sprinkles, if desired.
3.
Bake 10-12 minutes or until firm but not brown.

Cool 2 minutes on baking sheet. Remove to wire rack.
Repeat with remaining dough.
Yield: 6-7 dozen cookies

~*~
I am linking to my favorite tea parties...
Tuesday Tea Party
Tea Cup Tuesday
Tea Time Tuesday
Tea Time Tuesday Teapot & Tea Things Tuesdays
~*~

and my favorite foodie sites...
Tuesdays At The Table Tempt My Tummy Tuesdays
What's Cooking Wednesday
Prairie Story Thursday Recipe Swap
Tasty Traditions Thursday
Foodie Friday
Food on Friday Friday Favorites


15 comments:

  1. Hi Concetta,
    Your teacup is really sweet and I love your post on faith! Those cookies look wonderful too. I have you all linked up and I thank you for joining me for Tea Time. Wishing you a delightful week ahead.

    Christmas Blessings,
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Concetta: What a wonderful way to remind us of God's Faithfulness and our job to be faithful. I did these scriptures today. Wishing you a wonderful week. I will have the link up as soon as Terri sends it to me, about 5 pm PST. Blessings, Martha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Concetta, I love your header photo and love the new look to your blog (sidebar definitions, etc). Nice teacup and thanks for sharing faith. The spritz look good too!
    Blessings, Beth

    ReplyDelete
  4. The teacup is so beautiful. I love making cookies and Thanks for sharing your recipe.

    Willow

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your post was timely today for me. Thank you for those inspirational words. I would love to try yor cookie recipe. Simple and so yummy. Just what I need this time of year.
    Have a blessed week,
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh these look wonderful and I have faith and full confidence that they taste just as wonderful! I want a cookie! thanks for sharing the recipe..I think I just might try these out!

    come on by and take tea with me today too!

    ciao bella
    creative carmelina #23 on the tea time list

    ReplyDelete
  7. Spritz cookies are a favorite around here every Christmas! Mine never look quite as good as yours though!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very nice little cookies, they look so good, and yeah you could really dress them up however you want, thanks for your recipe to try.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have actually written out this recipe on coming back here after your lovely email. I am now following you! and I do hope you'll feel free to pop in whenever you desire! My 'screen' door is always open!

    Now, i have to call my mom and ask her if I can borrow her cookie press...I really should just invest in my own already! but I love hers with the copper top and bottom!

    thanks again!
    ciao bella
    Creative Carmelina

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your cup is really lovely! I also love your cookies! They are totally festive looking as well as delicious looking!
    Thank you so much for the reciepe.
    Hugs,
    Terri.
    Oh, and I also really love your blog all decked out for the holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  11. such lovely teacup! the cookies must be yummy! thanks for sharing!. have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey...I'm glad you are following...

    I never knew my Nonnas on either side...but I know that I would echo your sweet sentiments in your "Legacy" post. That was touching.

    I'm so happy to have met you!
    And thanks for your sweet comment today!

    Ciao Bella!
    Creative Carmelina

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for sharing such an amazing recipe! Beautiful pictures. Thanks so much.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a lovely post. Your words, photos and recipe are perfect for the season. I hope you are having a great day. Blessings...Mary

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment on my Blog of Life ~ I love hearing from you!

CONCETTA'S RECIPES

The Kitchenettes ~ A Hospitality Club

Romans 12:13
Pursue the practice of hospitality.

The Kitchenettes is all about teaching and mentoring young girls in the art of hospitality. It is so much more than cooking or doing domestic tasks ~ hospitality is the very heart of God ~ a demonstration of pouring His love onto others. This group of young girls are learning the very nature and character of God as they serve people and sharpen their skills in homemaking.

NAME LEGACIES

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

background

Copyright

myfreecopyright.com registered & protected