Monday, November 15, 2010

Tea Time Brunch

A savory quiche will be the star of our brunch...
A delicious pie full of ham, cheese and fresh herbs...
Savory Herb Quiche
1 pie crust
6 eggs
1-1/2 c heavy cream
1 c ham, diced
1 small onion, diced fine
1 c shredded sharp cheddar or Swiss
1 tsp dry mustard
1 T fresh Italian parsley, minced
1 T fresh thyme
2 T butter
salt and pepper to taste
~*~
Saute onions in butter until golden -
add ham and cook another minute.
Pour into prepared pie shell and top with cheese.
Blend eggs with heavy cream until mixed well.
Add fresh herbs, mustard and salt & pepper.
Bake @ 375 for 35-40 minutes.

A beautiful assortment of gorgeous teacups...
~*~
I am sharing more teacups from my beloved Bonnie.
I showcased a precious Canadian cup a few weeks ago -
now it is time to display the rest of my treasures that my
sweet friend bestowed upon me - just because she loves me!
I could fill a whole page describing how special Bonnie is and
what she means to me. Bonnie is generous, giving and loving
every day and in all ways! I am blessed beyond measure to
have this wonderful woman as part of my life!








We can't have tea without a delicious dessert~
This is a decadent treat that my friend Julie gave me.
Julie is one of the best cooks that I know and this dessert does not disappoint - it tastes like a sweet oatmeal pie!
Julie's Sawdust Pie
1 pie shell
7 egg whites
1-1/2 c sugar
1-1/2 graham cracker crumbs
1-1/2 c pecans, chopped
1-1/2 c coconut
~*~
Mix all ingredients by hand and pour into unbaked pie shell.
Bake @ 325 for 30 minutes and golden brown on top.
Serve warm with homemade whipped cream
and sliced bananas.
~*~*~*~*~
I am linking to my favorite tea parties...Tuesday Tea Party
~*~and my favorite foodie sites...Tuesdays At The Table
Tempt My Tummy Tuesdays

11 comments:

  1. You have truly got a lovely tea cup collection. And the quiche! I LOVE quiche. Beautiful blog today as always.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely collection of cups...quiche looks yummy. Have never heard of sawdust pie but looks interesting! Suppose you could make it with Splenda with no problems????

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous tea cups from a dear friend, what could be better? Each one is really lovely.
    The desserts look very yummy!
    Hugs,
    TErri

    ReplyDelete
  4. The quiche is wonderful, love the green runner. Your friend is so generous! You have so many lovely teacups! Oatmeal pie? Wow first I have ever heard of one! I sure it wonderful! Thanks for joining me for Tea Time! How's Florida weather? Chilly? I remember wearing shorts there in December, then flew home to a small airport. No building and standing out in the freezing cold in my short pants for an hour waiting for my girls to come pick me up. lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Concetta,
    You have a very generous friend. The quiche looks wonderful; love quiche! The Sawdust pie looks good too. You have so many pretty things I see; love the little floral teapot!
    You had asked about the lemon tart. I did not make this one, I bought it at the supermarket. When I do make it I just use a lemon pie filling. One of these days I will have to try making the lemon curd tart I shared from the Victoria magazine. Thank you for joining me for tea today. Hope you have a lovely week.

    Blessings,
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  6. Concetta,
    What a delightful post. Such lovely teacups from your friend ... wonderful! Thanks so much for the recipes. I do love quiche and the sawdust pie -- what fun! (Pretty tea pots, too). Happy Tea Day

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your teacups are lovely and you display them in a gracious way!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have a wonderful friend. And so the teacups would be so special to you. Beautiful!!
    Lovely brunch. Wish I could sit down and enjoy it with all of you!
    Sawdust pie is new to me. I better try it.
    Thank you for sharing so much with us.
    Blessings, pam

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! What a great friend you have. I love all the tea cups. The quiche looks delicious. Have a wonderful week dear friend. Blessings, Martha

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a lovely teacup collection - and what a lovely friend to give so many lovely teacups to you!

    Both recipes look wonderful. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a lovely brunch. And a beautiful teacup collection!

    Jocelyn
    http://justalittlesouthernhospitality.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment on my Blog of Life ~ I love hearing from you!

CONCETTA'S RECIPES

The Kitchenettes ~ A Hospitality Club

Romans 12:13
Pursue the practice of hospitality.

The Kitchenettes is all about teaching and mentoring young girls in the art of hospitality. It is so much more than cooking or doing domestic tasks ~ hospitality is the very heart of God ~ a demonstration of pouring His love onto others. This group of young girls are learning the very nature and character of God as they serve people and sharpen their skills in homemaking.

NAME LEGACIES

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

background

Copyright

myfreecopyright.com registered & protected