Sweet Summer Treats
Sweet Summer Tea
Last week was my birthday and I received
the most magnificent present from my parents!
This beautiful Temptations Tea Set!!
I love this tea set!!!!
It is very unique with a round stand that the teapot
can sit on and have the 4 cups attached around the perimeter.
The little saucers can stay tucked inside.
This is the way I display my new tea set in my kitchen.
I love the color green - it matches perfectly!
I have a large collection of Old World Temptations pieces.
Many gorgeous casserole dishes in iron baskets, platters, trays,
bowls, bake ware and a lovely pedestal cake plate.
I would like to start collecting the place settings in this pattern.
I confess that I have an addiction to dishes.
My yummy dessert looks incredible on the pedestal!
Sweet Strawberry Crostada
2 T sugar, for sprinkling (or more, to taste)
8 oz. cream cheese, softened
2 T flour
2 T sugar
1 T vanilla
1 pie crust, store bough or homemade
1. Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees. Hull and slice strawberries. Sprinkle with sugar and set aside.
2. Mix together cream cheese, flour, sugar and vanilla.
3. Line large baking sheet with parchment paper and place the pie crust on the parchment paper.
4. Spread the cream cheese mixture on the pie crust leaving a one inch border around the edge.
5. Pile the strawberries on top of the cream cheese mixture.
6.Work your way around the pie crust folding the edges up every one inch or so.
7. Bake for 20-25 minutes. Allow to cool and serve at room temperature or slightly warm.
(Adapted from Buns In My Oven)
I am linking to the following parties:
w/ April & Chaya
TEA FOR TWO-WANDA LEE
A BREATH OF FRESH AIR-PAM
TEAPOT & TEA THINGS TUESDAY
TEA TIME TUESDAY-SANDI
TEAPOT & TEA THINGS TUESDAY-WANDA LEE