Thursday, April 21, 2011

Easter Basket Cupcakes

 These are the sweetest cupcakes for Easter! 

 

 In my spare time...OK there is no spare time...
I will begin again...once a week I teach a Home Economics Class
at my children's school.  My emphasis in this class is the same as
everything else in my life ~ HOSPITALITY!!  
~*~
Throughout the school year I have tried to impart a true passion
for the art of hospitality to all my girls.  This young group of ladies
have participated in many acts of service as well as cooking up some
spectacular recipes.  They are always quick to share their treats every
week with other teachers or the boys in the Shop Class.
~*~
I have been blessed this year to be able to spend time with these precious girls.
It is an honor to be in a position to work in the lives of children and it is
so very pleasing to the Lord! 


 This week we are celebrating the season by making
these adorable Easter Basket Cupcakes.
For our class we used a milk chocolate cake mix
and a white creamy frosting.  It was delicious!!!
At the bottom of the post I am including recipes for
 out-of-this-world chocolate cake and homemade frosting. 
~*~
I purchased cupcake liners with little handles - but if you cannot
find these you can make your own very easily!  Use a small paper doily
 for the bottom part of the basket and cut out a handle from card stock paper.
Use tape to secure everything and you will have a wonderful little cupcake container!
~*~
Bake your cupcakes according to the package directions and allow to cool.
Place 2 cups of coconut in a ziplock bag - add in 6 drops of green gel
food coloring and 3 drops of yellow coloring. 
Shake and squeeze bag until all the colors are blended.
Frost cupcakes and then sprinkle on the coconut.
Top each cupcake with 3 malted milk egg candies.
You can embellish your cupcakes with any adorable Easter treat. 

Chocolate Buttermilk Cake
~*~
3/4 c unsweet cocoa
2-1/4 c flour
1-3/4 c sugar
1-1/2 c buttermilk
1 c oil
2 t baking soda
1-1/2 t vanilla
1-1/2 t salt
3 large eggs
~*~
Preheat oven to 350.  Line 2 12-cup muffin tins with paper liners.
In a large bowl mix together flour, sugar, buttermilk, oil, baking soda,
eggs, vanilla, salt and cocoa until well blended.
Divide batter into muffin cups and bake for 18-20 minutes until done.

 Cream Cheese Frosting
In a large bowl beat together until fluffy:
2 (3 oz.) packages cream cheese, soft
3 c confectioner's sugar 
6 T butter, soft
1-1/2 t vanilla.
Makes: 2-1/2 cups.

It's a KeeperPhotobucket
Miz Helen’s Country CottagePhotobucketLark's Country Heart

14 comments:

  1. How lovely. They look so delicate and yummy. What a wonderful treat. Happy Easter! Blessings to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are fantastic! I am sure the girls enjoyed the time they had with you also. Have a lovely Easter! Thanks for linking it up!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh these are so cute and Simple. Just my kind of goodie! And you always take such perfect photos of the dishes you share.

    http://larkscountryheart.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. how very cute love how they look very peaceful come see what I shared at http://shopannies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Concetta,
    These little Easter Basket Cupcake's are adorable I want one in my Easter Basket. The cupcake recipe looks delicious. Thank you so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday and hope to see you next week. Have a very special week end!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Easter Basket cupcakes are adorable. How rewarding to work with the girls and have a positive impact on their lives.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Concetta, I am so glad you linked up on Made it on Monday!.. You always seem to make me smile. You just have a glow!

    Hope you visit often!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yum yum!!! Just saw you on the It's a Keeper Thur. Hop! Stop on over at my blog and link up this tasty recipe in my Easter/Spring Recipe/Idea Hop! If you have others, feel free to link up! I'll keep it going for a few months so you should get some visits from it!!!

    http://cafescrapper-scrapsoflife.blogspot.com/2011/04/easter-holiday-goodies-in-jar-and-blog.html

    Have a great weekend, SusieQTpies at Scraps of Life

    I'm following you on GFC. Have a blessed Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This looks wonderful! I'm having an Easter party over at Seaside Simplicity - hope you'll stop over to link this up! :-)

    I'm a new follower here too. Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Concetta:

    These are so darling. I want to reach right in and eat one!

    Have a blessed Easter.

    - The Tablescaper

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just started doing a blog hop and I'd love it if you'd come on over and link up one of your fabulous recipes!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I remember making those as a kiddo!!! I hope you had a wonderful Easter!!! Full of food no less :) Thank you for the congrats, it meant so much!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. These are beautiful and fun. I'll have to try them next year. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh Concetta, these are gorgeous! Thank you for linking them with Feed Me Tweet Me Follow Me Home. I love cakes made with buttermilk, they are so rich and tasty. Hope to see you again this week - the linky is up now!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment on my Blog of Life ~ I love hearing from you!

CONCETTA'S RECIPES

The Kitchenettes ~ A Hospitality Club

Romans 12:13
Pursue the practice of hospitality.

The Kitchenettes is all about teaching and mentoring young girls in the art of hospitality. It is so much more than cooking or doing domestic tasks ~ hospitality is the very heart of God ~ a demonstration of pouring His love onto others. This group of young girls are learning the very nature and character of God as they serve people and sharpen their skills in homemaking.

NAME LEGACIES

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

background

Copyright

myfreecopyright.com registered & protected