Friday, July 8, 2011

Classic Popovers


Classic Popovers
...light...airy...pillowy bites of goodness 


I love popovers!
Best of all...my family loves popovers!!
I am showcasing the classic recipe - unbelievably easy.


This little gem is so versatile! Yum!!
Served with butter, preserves or delicious honey is a wonderful treat!
Or...made savory with different cheeses baked in the batter and on top!
  An excellent accompaniment to the breakfast table
or a meal of steamy soup and a crisp salad. 


Classic Popovers

• 1 cup all-purpose flour

• 1/4 teaspoon salt
• 3 eggs
• 1 cup milk
• 1 T butter, melted
• 2 T butter, chilled

Directions:
Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
Spray a popover pan with nonstick cooking spray.
Place pan on center rack of oven and preheat for 2 minutes.
Blend flour, salt, eggs, milk, and melted butter - mix well.
Cut chilled butter into 6 even pieces.
Place 1 piece of butter in each cup and place pan back in oven until butter is bubbly. (about 1 minute)
Fill each cup half full with batter and bake 20 minutes.
Reduce heat to 325 degrees and bake for another 15 to 20 minutes.

Guess what???
Concetta's Cafe is the featured blog on one of my favorite foodie parties today!!!
I am in awe of this honor!
My friends, April and Alex, are the hosts of this incredible link-up!
I love being a part of their cooking world every Friday.
Please go and visit their awesome corners of the blogland - you will be so happy! 



~*~
I am linking to the following favorite blogs: 

Ladybird Ln
~*~

10 comments:

  1. I have not made popovers for so long! (well since my hubby used my pan as a way of sorting out his nails, screws, nuts and bolt for his shop! I need to get a new pan!)

    Looks wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks so fancy but sounds so easy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pop overs looks delicious. I have to buy popover pan.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have never made nor had popovers before - these look really good.
    Thanks for linking to Fat Camp Friday, enjoy your weekend and see you next time! http://bit.ly/mTxy7l

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh man, my sister and I went to a five star restaurant, both of our first experience, she won the dinner and lovingly invited me! Anyway, they served cheddar popovers before the meal, and I wanted to die, they were SOOO good, but looking at your recipe they don't look too terribly hard, where did you get your popover pan? Thanks for sharing, I am now following you, so I don't miss any deliciousness!

    Carlee
    www.ladybirdln.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. PS I am featuring this today!

    Carlee
    www.ladybirdln.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your popovers look wonderful, Concetta! I do love popovers - they are so versatile and delicious. Your recipe sounds so lovely and straight forward too. Thank you for sharing this post with Feed Me Tweet Me, and with The Weekend Roundup.

    ReplyDelete
  8. These look so yummy and not as hard as I thought!

    ReplyDelete
  9. My mom used to make popovers when we were little! I have not had one in forever! Your recipe is great and easy to follow and they look delicious! Also, your blog is so fun to read and so inspirational! I love all the little scriptures and thoughts. Thank you so much for sharing. We are your newest followers and just wanted to thank you so much for linking up to our party! We would love to have you come back again tomorrow for Strut Your Stuff Saturday!
    Camille @
    SixSistersStuff.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment on my Blog of Life ~ I love hearing from you!

CONCETTA'S RECIPES

The Kitchenettes ~ A Hospitality Club

Romans 12:13
Pursue the practice of hospitality.

The Kitchenettes is all about teaching and mentoring young girls in the art of hospitality. It is so much more than cooking or doing domestic tasks ~ hospitality is the very heart of God ~ a demonstration of pouring His love onto others. This group of young girls are learning the very nature and character of God as they serve people and sharpen their skills in homemaking.

NAME LEGACIES

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

background

Copyright

myfreecopyright.com registered & protected