Friday, July 30, 2010

Favorite Word Friday

It finally happened! I have literally waited my whole entire life for this day - and now it is upon me!! "What??" you ask...well...I have FINALLY been asked what is my favorite word!! For those of you who know and love me you know how important this is...how monumental...you will hopefully even know my favorite word!
*
What is my favorite word? I actually have 2!! But, I will share that in just a moment.


I have a wonderful new friend in blog land - Cindy @ I Owe It All To Him - what an incredibly inspirational site - I just love it and I know you will as well! Cindy hosts a virtual party every Friday with a different theme - this week Cindy made my dream come true and asked us all to share our favorite word. Thank you Cindy!!!
*
It all started when I was a little girl - I used to watch the television program "The Electric Company". Do any of you remember this show? They always had a special segment where a news reporter would randomly stop people on the street and ask them to share their favorite word. I knew at a young tender age that I had to be ready with my own favorite word in anticipation of my very own interview. Alas...it never happened...never mind that...I have been poised with my favorite word all of these years and I have finally been asked the question of questions!!!

So, without further adieu....drum roll please...my favorite word is and always will be: QUICKLY!
~*~
QUICKLY ~ isn't it just a lovely word? I have no explanation of why this is my favorite word - and why would a 5 year old pick this word as a favorite? These are the mysteries of life!

Remember I said I have 2 favorite words - I have a favorite word in the Bible!
I know that "quickly" is in the Bible as well - but I have to have a separate favorite word that is God inspired. That word is ~ LOVINGKINDNESS. This is the most magnificent word to me - oh I just adore it. Most people do not realize that this is actually a word - believing it to be 2 separate words or even a word with a hyphen. This is an one word and I love it!!!
***
Psalm 26:3
For Your lovingkindness is before my eyes,
and I have walked in Your truth.
~*~
Psalm 36:10
Oh continue Your lovingkindess to those who know
You, and Your righteousness to the upright in heart.
~*~
Psalm 63:3

Your lovingkindness is better than life,
my lips shall praise you.
~*~
Jeremiah 31:3

The Lord appeared to me saying "Yes, I have
loved you with everlasting love; therefore with
lovingkindness I have drawn you."
~*~
Psalm 103:1-5
Bless the Lord, O my soul: and all that is within me,
bless His holy name! Bless the Lord, O my soul, and
forget not all His benefits; Who forgives all your
iniquities, Who heals all your diseases, Who redeems
your life from destruction, Who crowns you with
lovingkindness and tender mercies, Who satisfies your
mouth with good things, so that your youth is renewed
like the eagle's.
~*~
I am linking to:
Linky Party
hosted by Cindy @ I Owe It All To Him

14 comments:

  1. Oh, Concetta, I just loved your post. Your writing is expertly done and so expressive. Lovingkindness is certainly a wonderful word. Just thinking of being crowned with lovingkindness thrills me. And your photography is so gorgeous. It added such excitement to your post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, Concetta,
    I didn't know that The Electric Company did that!!!! That is so cute!!
    And I feel so HONORED to be the person to ask you YOUR word! (I was smiling from ear to ear reading this awesome post!)

    I had NO idea that lovingkindness was one word--wow!! And I think it sums up why we are here on the planet...to show lovingkindness to others....completely amazing!!!

    Hugs,
    Cindy
    xoxoxox
    P.S. I'm STILL smiling!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember the electric company!!!!
    I adore flowers and so enjoyed seeing yours!
    thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The choice of your words intriged and inspires me!
    And the flowers in your post added an special flavour to your post......
    Have an great weekend
    Bernice

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am glad you were thrilled by this task. I was more or less stupified. I loved this post. You are fun. I certainly want and do things quickly! Lovingkindness is a breathtaking term I completely agree.
    hugs ♥ olive

    ReplyDelete
  6. I simply loved your post. I read it 'quickly' the first time and then again, savouring every word. And your 'lovingkindness' shone through!
    And what gorgeous photographs!
    A beautiful start to my day.
    Hugs
    June xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Concetta,
    It is Saturday and I'm still thinking about your beautiful word!!
    Hope you have a wonderful weekend!
    HUGS,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello Concetta, Yes Gods loving Kindness is everything...so undeserved by us, and ours just the same.
    You wrote it perfectly. God bless you...

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great story! It just tickles me to have read it. I will be sharing it with a few of my friends who I know will enjoy it as well. Thank you for that this morning.

    Also thank your for the scripture.

    Take Care~ Sherry

    PS Cindy and her site are wonderful arent they!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I watched electric company!! I think it is so great that you remember your word after all this time!
    Lovingkindness...a picture of our Savior

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Concetta,
    Come on over to my blog to see the "Beautiful" tags--You won one tonight...Please email me your address so I can send it! (Oh, and your last name.)
    Hugs,
    Cindy
    cindylou_20@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Concetta,
    I just stopped over to say "hi" and hope things are going great with you!!!
    Hugs,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  13. Now I have to think if I have a favorite word, never been asked and never have I thought about it. We have favorite numbers and colors, why not a word?

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh, what a wonderful post! I can just imagine you as a little 5 year old thinking hard to figure out what your favourite word would be. So cute! And quickly is one of those great words that just sounds exactly like it means. :)

    Lovingkindness is the MOST amazing word - thank-you for thinking about it and posting those beautiful promises from God. Very touching.

    I hope your computer is fixed QUICKLY and that in the meantime, you are very aware of God's LOVINGKINDNESS in your life. :)

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment on my Blog of Life ~ I love hearing from you!

CONCETTA'S RECIPES

The Kitchenettes ~ A Hospitality Club

Romans 12:13
Pursue the practice of hospitality.

The Kitchenettes is all about teaching and mentoring young girls in the art of hospitality. It is so much more than cooking or doing domestic tasks ~ hospitality is the very heart of God ~ a demonstration of pouring His love onto others. This group of young girls are learning the very nature and character of God as they serve people and sharpen their skills in homemaking.

NAME LEGACIES

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

background

Copyright

myfreecopyright.com registered & protected