Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Macaroni & Cheese Cupcakes



One of my most favorite foods in the whole world is really delicious
homemade macaroni & cheese...I love it!


I jumped at the chance to be part of the very first
Crazy Cooking Challenge
hosted by the wonderful Tina @ Mom's Crazy Cooking.

Photobucket


The challenge was to find the ultimate macaroni & cheese recipe on another person's blog.  I hopped on over to the incredible
 Framed Cooks and decided to feature these adorable 
mac & cheese cupcakes!
There are so many fabulous recipes on Framed Cooks!
Check out this great site - you will be glad you did!


I adapted the original recipe found HERE with a few delectable additions.
Buttery homemade bread crumbs to embellish some of these little cakes
 and other yummy twists for my family to enjoy.


...rich ooey-gooey creamy cheesy goodness!


Macaroni & Cheese Cupcakes
~*~
1lb. Elbow Macaroni
2 C Sharp Cheddar Cheese, shredded
2 C White Sharp Cheddar, shredded
2 T Butter, melted
1/2 c Whole Milk
1/2 c Heavy Cream
2 Eggs, beaten
1/2 t Dry Mustard
Salt & Pepper

Cook macaroni according to package directions. Drain.
Put back in pot and stir in melted butter until coated.
Immediately stir in 1-1/2 c of each cheese until melted.
Mix together milk, eggs, cream, mustard and salt & pepper.
Pour mixture over macaroni and mix well.
Line a 12-cup muffin pan with paper liners.
Ladle macaroni into each cup - be generous!
Sprinkle on remaining shredded cheeses.
Top with breadcrumbs and bake at 350 for 20 minutes.
~*~
Homemade Buttery Breadcrumbs
~*~
4 - 5 Slices Bread, made into crumbs
(whatever you have on hand for bread slices
and I use my food processor to crumble the bread)
1/4 c Fresh Parsley, chopped
1/4 C Parmesan Cheese, grated
2-3 T Melted Butter
Mix all together in a bowl until incorporated.
***
If you have any remaining macaroni & cheese, simply
put the extra in a little casserole dish and bake away!

Please cast your vote for your
favorite macaroni & cheese recipe below!
I am linking to the following parties:

17 comments:

  1. Hi Concetta, Wow your Mac&Cheese cupcakes look incredible! Me too, I love Macaroni & Cheese. I can't wait to give your recipe a try so thanks for sharing it.
    Also thank you so much for the beautiful poem you left me. It made me cry but in a good way. You are very kind.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that is a lot of Macaroni and Cheese. I'm going to remember this recipe for a fun appetizer for the next party I go to.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi I found your blog on the crazy cooking challenge. You have a great blog looks so yummy :) Check out my food blog

    www.thedailysmash101.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the idea of mac n' cheese cupcakes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the cupcake idea for the mac & cheese, so easy and fun.
    My Crazy Cooking Challenge entry: Velvety Mac & Cheese.

    Lisa~~
    Cook Lisa Cook

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you liked the cupcakes - great post! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are SO much fun - I love mini anything, but especially with m&c... I think I'd have to eat a ton of 'em though! These look great!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love mini/individual recipes!!

    Stopping by from the MACARONI & CHEESE Linky Party through Moms Crazy Cooking

    ReplyDelete
  9. I LOVE LOVE the name.. Cupcakes! How cute is that! This is the winner in my book!

    I hope you had as much fun as I did, doing this challenge. Thanks for participating!

    Stop by and check out my Mac & Cheese Bites!
    http://momscrazycooking.blogspot.com/2011/09/macaroni-and-cheese-bites-crazy-cooking.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great idea, Concetta. It will be a hit as an appetizer, and it's easy for busy, on-the-go families to eat while out and about.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've died and gone to heaven! Do you remember the Cat in the Hat 'Book About ME!" ????
    Welllll, in mine, for my favorite food, it was of course MACARONI AND CHEESE!!!!
    Of course I've aged some, but my fave all time food is STILL, Mac and Cheese! I know it's silly, but it's true.
    Thanks so much Concetta for joining me for Pearls and Lace Thursday! It's always so fun to see your yummy blog posts!!
    Blessings,
    Doni

    ReplyDelete
  12. LOVE the cupcake idea! Thanks so much for sharing. Fellow CCC participant stopping over to say hi (I'm #5). Nice to 'meet' you!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very interesting! I would have never thought of mac & cheese cupcakes! Thanks for stopping by my blog, I'm #19. I'm still making my way to all the blogs :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the mac n cheese recipe and your presentation. I also love that Temptations platter and own it myself along with several other piecs from that line in green. My fave, love QVC. Thanks for sharing at Bacon Time.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Those are the neatest way to eat mac and cheese! What a great party! Thank you for joining me at Home Sweet Home!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  16. Snap! Love how you came up with the idea. :) Thanks for the recipe and have a nice break! :)

    ___
    International Calls to Australia

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your recipe calls for eggs, but it doesn't say what to do with them? I assume you meant to include them in the cream, milk, mustard, salt and pepper?

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment on my Blog of Life ~ I love hearing from you!

CONCETTA'S RECIPES

The Kitchenettes ~ A Hospitality Club

Romans 12:13
Pursue the practice of hospitality.

The Kitchenettes is all about teaching and mentoring young girls in the art of hospitality. It is so much more than cooking or doing domestic tasks ~ hospitality is the very heart of God ~ a demonstration of pouring His love onto others. This group of young girls are learning the very nature and character of God as they serve people and sharpen their skills in homemaking.

NAME LEGACIES

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

background

Copyright

myfreecopyright.com registered & protected